Friday, November 13, 2009

Rotator Cuff Syndrome

I'm no expert, just someone with a rotator cuff injury I suffered, and has a strong interest in them as a result. The understanding of the injury was the first step to healing. According to undergo this painful disease itself and made a full recovery, it seemed appropriate to write my experiences for others.

The rotator cuff is a group of four muscles that help move and stabilize the shoulder joint. The shoulder is a ball joint, butIn contrast to the hip, the socket is formed of bone and cartilage as the ball of the joint is not included, as the hip, but sits in a shallow shelf, which held in place by the group of muscles that make up the rotator cuff.

This allows the shoulder to pass through the wide range of movement that we enjoy, but also leaves us at one of the most common injuries, the shoulder rotator cuff syndrome.

Rotator cuffSyndrome can affect each of these four muscles, either through general wear and we are getting older, or through a specific injury. In my case it was too bad to lift up and tearing of the muscles. Because of the damage, the tendons of the muscles can become inflamed. Since these muscles run under and over the bones of the shoulder This inflammation can cause pain. This is known as shoulder impingement.

Always an injured shoulder examined by a doctor, as it isimportant for other problems before the arrival in the diagnosis of rotator cuff syndrome.

The injury may take several months to repair and in some cases, surgery is recommended to try to repair the damage, usually by physical therapy followed. Steroid injections and treatment with anti-inflammatory drugs may also help. In my case, the steroids to relieve the symptoms in the short term, but within six weeks the pain was back, and I offered surgery. It was duringto wait for that surgery, that I began to research the issue and discovered that physical therapy in most shoulder injuries as part of the update uses. So after a little bit more I started in the shoulder, some specific exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff, which in turn will strengthen the entire shoulder joint.

I started with very small movements of the shoulder, and you take care to avoid pain, as this as a sign of possible injury. As the weeks goI was able to increase the exercises in relation to the difficulties and time. After a few months ago, I ended up pain free, with full motion and a shoulder, which felt as good as new. I have moved since the surgery to see how my shoulder, but until three months I am confident that the operation is to be canceled.



can ear mites cause my dog s eyes to get infected toning your stomach

No comments:

Post a Comment